Saturday, January 25, 2014

October 15, 2013

When I talk to my Grandmom and Granddad on the phone, it makes my heart so happy. Hearing my Granddad's voice again makes me realize how long it's been since I've heard it. He complains about his back problem; meanwhile, he doesn't know that I just love hearing his voice. It's strange, he suffers yet I delight in him speaking.


Family is a powerful thing. It's indescribable, something for which words fall short. Since we have the same blood running through our veins, it's like we breathe the same air, and we can know one another on a deep level, even when it feels like we don't. It's like the rhythms of our hearts are in sync and we can sit together in total silence while the air between us speaks thousands of volumes of our kinship and love for one another. Even if that love is strangely shown or never finds words of expression.


Life is good. And family is a blessing. Let us rejoice in the God of our Creation.

No comments:

Post a Comment