Saturday, January 25, 2014

Book - Yet Another Chapter. October 15, 2013

I cannot help but see the juxtaposition that is and has been my life.


I love wearing dress clothes and heels while I view pictures of a real-life community garden.
I love deeply both conservatives and liberals.
I have been treated with hostility by people who preach love and forgiveness and God's grace.
I love to be still, but sometimes I love to move.
I hate sitting at home, yet I have a deep need for a place to call home.
I love a nice, fancily decorated suburban home, and I love a quaint, small space.
I want to be rich and comfortable in America, and I want to live in Africa.


My life is a great mystery and paradox. Maybe the thought of things I want are not always what I actually want. And what if God is ok with two contrasting things coming together? Just like God made us, God's enemies, to become God's friends because God gave God's own self to make it happen. God has given us the ministry of reconciliation (2 Cor. 5:17-20).

No comments:

Post a Comment